The existing renovated Library cum Business Centre was inaugurated by the Mr. Shrinivas Dempo – Life Trustee of the ICG in February 2010. The renovation was financially supported by the Dempo Charity Trust.
The Library, with its pleasant and relaxing atmosphere, offers a remarkable collection of over 2500 books covering a variety of subjects ranging from Biographies to Philosophy, from Religion to Literature, with special collections on Goa and bestsellers fiction/ non fiction.
Computers are also available with internet connectivity and printing facility.
1. Library is open to all but only ICG Members and Staff are eligible to be members of the library to borrow books.
2. Members of the library can borrow upto two books, separately or together, at a time and can keep them for upto 21 days. Books can be renewed only once, provided it is renewed before the end of due date.
3. If the book/s is/ are not returned within 30 days from the date of issue, the borrower shall be liable to pay the applicable penalty. If the book is not returned within three months from the date of issue, the borrower shall be liable to pay double the cost of the book or a suitable sum to the Centre.
4. Reference and rare books will not be issued. They should be referred to in the Library only.
5. The Library retains Magazines for One year and Newspapers for one month and they are available for reference in the Library only.
6. Members are welcome to recommend books for the library. Such books will be purchased at the sole discretion of the Director of the Centre. However they are welcome to donate books in good condition.
7. The Members should not remove, mark, deface or disfigure in any way, any volume, document or the objects belonging to the Library.
8. Members will have to make good any loss or damage to library property.
9. Library Timings: Monday to Saturday 9.30 a.m. To 5.30 p.m.
10. Library will remain closed on Sundays and Public Holidays